Tips on Selling
Downsizing can be a stressful time. The sale of your established family home and with many cherished lifelong memories can be overwhelming and requires careful planning.
The decision to leave depends on where you will be moving to, how and when it is best to sell and move.
Edge team members have helped many retirees make this move successfully and are fast becoming an authority in this area. For the preparation of the home and garden, to light maintenance work required before the sale, Edge Agents have access to reliable professional trades services.
From coordinating the sale strategy to ensuring you get the right price at the right time, and checking your eligibility for senior's concessions and local Government schemes. Ensuring you only have to move belongings once is also essential. Edge team members bring a degree of empathy to this final move which is often unmatched by other agents. Their unique combination of skills and experience makes Edge Sales Agents a great choice for retirees considering downsizing and relocating.
Points To Consider
- What do you need to do to your own home before sale?
- Auction or Private treaty sale?
- Are you eligible for any government concessions?
- What will you be taking with you and what are your prepared to leave?
- What coordination is required to ensure you only have to move belongings once?
- How much space do you really need?
- How important is location and your existing social networks?
- Do you need assisted accommodation?
- Where are your current doctors located?
- What are the ongoing costs to where you are moving?